Tuesday, December 07, 2004

G'night

Well, my meeting went well, even though I wasn't as well prepared for it as I'd like. My next assignment is to look at hydrophobic tethers for next week. Hopefully I'll be better at making progress! ;)

The MUG meeting was kind of boring today... we just watched all of last year's MiLife entries. However, there was free pizza, and iTunes scratcher cards for everyone. I won an iTunes Indie Sampler... very bizarre music, I must say. (It's all alternative, which generally isn't my genre of choice.) I was hoping to get a coupon for a free song or two, so that I could "buy" some Christmas music. (I've discovered my library is extremely lacking in this area.) I guess I'll just browse the sale bins when I'm home... especially those after Christmas sales! For now, I'm fine with listening to Christmas music on the department shared music libraries. (Although many of those tend to be rather religious...)

On the way back from Duke I worked more on my mom's sock... I'm now just two rows short of the heel, so I should have no problem finishing before I'm home. (Even though there are no classes left.) I did several more rows on my raglan sweater. I still haven't re-started a scarf I plan to give to my dad's girlfriend for Christmas. (It's one I started in the summer, then stopped when I ran out of yarn... I have more yarn now, but have been more interested in other projects, like my socks and sweater.) The raglan is a really great Christmas colour, but it's acrylic, so it's not very warm. For Winnipeg winters, I want *warm* sweaters to bring home with me. Whether I bring the raglan home depends on how much room I have in my suitcase... and, of course, whether or not I finish it. ;)

Well, it's now well past midnight, so I should head to bed... I want to be awake tomorrow!

No comments: