Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Wild Blueberry


Wild Blueberry

Mmmmm! Pretty, pretty fiber! I've been spinning up my souvanier souvenir (sorry about that ghastly spelling mistake) fiber from Arizona: Spritely Goods "Wild Blueberry" merino & Firestar blend. It sure is taking a while... I'm not sure if that's because I keep setting it down for so long between spinning sessions, or because I'm trying to spin it fine. I worked on it tonight, last week at SNB, and even spun some sometime before that. I haven't weighed what's left to see how far through the 2.1 oz I've spun. (I can no longer remember how the batt looked when I first unfolded it... I think it was back in January or February?)

Well, it takes what it takes. I look forward to seeing it plied! (Eventually.)

I thought I should spin this up since I've had it for over a year now, and I have some more fiber (from Lisa Souza) on the way.

Speaking of new fiber, a friend of my mom gave me some fluffy white stuff! I have to call the friend to find out the story behind it!

I won't be getting this spun up before I leave for Toronto. It's looking like I won't get my hat finished either. Oh well. The hyperbolic plane is slowing down drastically too: you know compound interest? Well, this is increasing about 20% per row, and *boy* are there a lot of stitches per row now! (I took a break from the hat and the hyperbolic plane today. There was no bus time since I was working from home today, and then tonight I felt like doing something different.)

No comments: