Saturday, October 01, 2005

Conspiracy?

I think the fates are conspiring against my cleaning.

Last weekend I started dusting, only to discover I was nearly out of swiffer dusters. I did a bit, and then stopped. I bought more when I went grocery shopping, but I haven't restarted dusting yet.

Today I decided to attack a patch of mildewed caulking before my shower. I have plenty of Chlorox cleaner... but the spray bottle broke on the first squirt. No squirting is possible until I buy a new bottle. (It was an older bottle... I usually buy refills instead of spray bottles, to reduce how much packaging I send to the landfills/recyclers.)

Cleaning done:
  • baseboards in kitchen, most of living room (those not hidden by boxes), hall, and bedroom
  • cleaned dust and bugs out of ceiling light cover in living room, bedroom, and office
  • dusted window sills in kitchen, bedroom, and office
  • swept kitchen


Cleaning still to do:
  • sweep and mop all floors
  • move boxes into office
  • dust living room, bedroom, office
  • clean bathroom sink, toilet, tub and tiles
  • clean kitchen sink
  • dust blinds
  • wash bookshelf covers
  • laundry
  • dust all those unnoticed, hard-to-reach places (since I'm on a cleaning binge anyway
  • change air return filter (*after* all cleaning)
  • vacuum couches and floor mat
  • tidy office desk and other surfaces
  • call thrift store to pick up old clothes and stuff


Somehow my "to do" list is much longer than my "done" list.

Well... I should go get started. Lets hope none of my other cleaning supplies try to rebel on me.

2 comments:

Marvie said...

Dang, that's a lot of cleaning! Want me to have hubby send ya some of his cleaning vibes? They just bounce right off of me, but I've had nearly six years of exposure *g* in the begining they stuck and I actually cleaned a *lot* so maybe they'd do you some good ;) Looks like you've gotten a good start though, so don't let the still to do list bum you out =)

noricum said...

Would you please? I'd appreciate that! ;)