Saturday, October 22, 2005

Another Late Night

Yep, I'm up late again. Even later than usual.

It didn't start out this way. Today I had a morning meeting with J, and attended an afternoon talk over at Duke. By the time I got home, I was exhausted and hungry. I considered going straight to bed, but I was expecting two phone calls (neither called), and it was only 6:30.

I had a snack (some jello and chocolate... not healthy, but I knew I'd feel even worse if I didn't eat anything then) and lay down for a nap. Around 8 I got up and had cereal for dinner (again, not healthy, but I didn't feel like a real dinner at that time) and turned on the TV. At 9 I turned the TV back off, and read for a bit. At 10 I decided that I wasn't waiting any longer for the phone calls, and logged in to tell them I was going to bed.

Around 11 I finished mail and blog reading...

Then, since I had stopped reading in the middle of a chapter, I decided to read a bit more.

At 12:30, I finally gained the willpower to put down the book.

However, by this time I was hungry again. I had some cheese.

Then some more chocolate.

Then some pretzels. And since pretzels can't be eaten in bed in the dark (at least, not if you want a crumb-free bed), I took the pretzels to my computer and ate by the light of my lcd. (I didn't want to turn on a light and make myself more alert.)

Of course, I just had to log in while I was here.

And so there I am. It's 1:30 am, and I'm still up. Even though I wanted to go to bed when I got home, I actually intended to go to bed at 10, got into bed at 11, and turned out the lights at 12:30.

Maybe I'll have better luck tomorrow night. I tried going to bed earlier last night... it wasn't "early", but it also wasn't as late as usual, but had trouble falling asleep.

Tonight I was tired enough that I could have fallen asleep, had it not been for a good book. *sigh*

Well, I'm back to bed to try sleeping again. Good night.

Oh... and the purple crayon still isn't finished. I was too tired to crochet tonight. However, with all the talks and bus rides this week, mom's socks are already 50% done! (Regina, this is a reminder to measure your feet.)

I think I'll try to get back to my qiviut scarf tomorrow. I should do another repeat one of these days. I'd like to finish it before Christmas.

I wonder if Whole Foods sells Eucalan? I'd like to use that to wash Weasley (he's not dirty, but I want to soften him up some, and hopefully convince him to stop shedding). I tried calling Yarns, Etc, but no one answered the phone on Thursday, and they haven't called me back. Yes, I was just there last weekend, but I completely forgot to buy Eucalan. Whole Foods is a *lot* more convenient to get to by bus, and, being a "natural" kind of store, they might just sell it. I'll call first... no sense in wasting my Saturdays on busses if they don't have it. (Plus, I should keep myself away from places that tempt me to spend money.)

Oops... 1:40 now. 'Night! ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've seen eucalan at whole foods.

that reminds me -- do you have any lavend2r allergies? I have lavender eucalan, not regular eucalan (it's not super smelly though, otherwise it would bug me). i gotta get dog hair and dander off of your socks once they're done so you don't react to them. :)