Monday, January 24, 2005

Wonderful Day

I don't know what that math guy is talking about... today is *great* day! Even though I was up until 2 am working on my pattern (still not typed up, but at least scribbled down), I woke up feeling pretty good at 8:00 (yeah, that's not exactly early, but it's better than some days recently), took a couple of advil for my headache (not ideal, but the advil worked), and really went all out on my exercise bike for 10 minutes! (Yeah, 10 minutes isn't much, but it's more than I did all last week! ;) ) I checked my morning internet sites faster than usual, and so came into school on the 10:00 bus. (Still tardy, but still earlier than all last week.) I'm wearing my new Koigu socks... the thicker yarn is more textured, but nice and soft, and soooo pretty! My red turtleneck goes really well with Vertigo (in my own fashion-deranged opinion). I got work done this morning on continuing with reading the PXR paper, and learned more useful stuff (namely that the ability of SRC-1 to stabilize PXR without SR12813 was consistent with "ligand-independent basal activity", which is helping with my understanding of PXR). I walked (exercise & light therapy... plus a fun talk) with Kelli, and then continued working on PXR. I didn't let my conflicting tasks overwhelm me, so even though I wasn't working on the hydrogen bonds for Jack, or the hydrophyllic bonds for David, I *was* making progress with *something*! (Usually if I have more than one thing to do, I panic, and can't decide which to work on, thus nothing gets done.) My meeting with Jack went well... which reminds me, I have some administrative stuff to go take care of while I remember.

Anyway... I hope your day is going as well as mine, although possibly with less PXR. ;) I feel happy enough, and accomplished enough that I can go home at 5, and type up those patterns! (Even if it's too late for the calendar, I still want them done! ...and maybe she'll still take them, since I told her about them earlier....)

2 comments:

Jewels said...

I did it!! I successfully pulled off PURPLE DAY!! They even mentioned "blues day" on the radio today too. I had a bit of blues...but hey - purple is a mix of blue and red hey.
GREAT work on the exercise bike!!!! Congrats.

noricum said...

Congrats! Thanks! :)