Monday, January 17, 2005

Laptop Sleeve

Here's the promised pics of my snazzy new laptop sleeve! It ended up a bit long, but I think it's otherwise okay. (I haven't stuck my laptop in it yet, because it's still damp. I currently having it blocking, stuffed with three plastic VHS tape cases... about the right width and thickness, but too long... but then they can stick out the opening. ;) )

Before felting:


I added some loops at the bottom for extra padding, here's pics of the inside and outside:


I get a kick out of how felted things look when they come out of the wash:


Here's the sleeve blocking:


I'll probably add some hooks for a strap, and a zipper or other closure later, but I'm calling it "done" for now. I skipped the embroidery, but I'd love to add some needle-felted designs at some later point.

3 comments:

Daph said...

Oh, that turned out beautifully! I really like how you did the stripes. Is it difficult to add a zipper to crocheted items? Do you hand sew it on or use a machine? I've never tried it but since you mention it that would be nice on a cardigan for the girls.

alison said...

Oooh, how pretty! What a cool idea. And great colors. ;0)

noricum said...

Thanks! :) (I posted the zipper answer as a post, rather than a comment.)