Thursday, January 06, 2005

Ram Wools

Um, yeah, I think I now have a "stash". Here's what I bought at Ram Wools today:



I got a real sampler, trying out lots of different types of sock yarns. (Three are ones I've used already, but two of those were requests by my parents, and one was to make myself similar socks to V's green Kroy socks I'm working on now.) Besides yarn for nine pairs of socks, I bought two balls each of three types of yarn that I think would make nice sweaters (two are baby alpaca & silk, and one is wool & silk), but can't afford to have failed experiments with. I figure I can make a hat or pair of mittens, to learn what the yarn is like. The last two skeins, the large bluey-purple ones, are Canadian wools that are quite affordable, but also very scratchy. Supposedly they get softer with washing, but I want to see just how soft before I try to make a sweater from them.

Bottom line: I spent way more than I should have.

Justification: (a) I got it all on sale, and won't buy any more yarn until I've run out. (b) I'll say I'm using my GST rebate cheques, keeping the money in Canada, and supporting a small business owner.

Yeah. I know I'm bad.

4 comments:

pfirsch said...

I'm extremely jealous. :P

marlo said...

yummy yarn aquisition, I love the sock yarn!

Jewels said...

mmmm, I must make a trip to Ram Wool soon.

a fellow Winnipegger :)

julbea.blogspot.com

noricum said...

Neato! It's a small world. :)

The sale ends Saturday, January 15, so go before then. ;) (Their flyer says 25-50% off, but I think I only noticed stuff being 25% off.)