Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Resolutions

I don't tend to make new year's resolutions, but I usually start a new term off with plans on how I'm going to improve. This term, those resolutions included:

1. Not leaving my dishes until they pile up.
2. Going to bed at 10.
3. Getting up early enough to ride my exercise bike before school.
4. Walk at lunchtime.
5. Eat grapefruit.
6. Cook better dinners.
7. Nap less at school.

I like grapefruit, but I'm usually too lazy to cut it up. Today I had half a grapefruit for lunch. :) I timed myself, and between the grapefruit, and toasting some bread and cheese for lunch, lunch only took me around half an hour. :) I timed myself so I couldn't use the excuse "I'm too busy, and grapefruit takes too long."

I intended to get to dishes tonight... they're piling up. And since the pot I wanted to use for dinner was dirty, I had a bowl of cereal instead. Dishes didn't get done either. (I'll do them tomorrow night... yeah.... :P )

I did cook a good dinner last night: sweet and sour pork. Unfortunately, since it has a 3 hour prep time (must remember to *read* the recipe before deciding what night to cook something!), I didn't end up eating until after 9, and got to bed late.

Since it's 10:30, I haven't quite improved my bedtime yet, but I think I'll still make it before 11... I'm working on it!

I haven't managed to ride my bike before school yet, but that's because I haven't fixed my bedtimes yet, and this morning I had to get in early for the dermatologist appointment. However, I'm *going* to ride my bike tomorrow morning, and I'm *going* to walk at lunchtime. (I've found a friend to go walking with on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, but we didn't go this Monday because she hadn't brought her tennis shoes in.)

Hopefully when I get the rest of my life in order, I'll start napping less too. I had *two* naps today... one before lunch, and one after lunch. :P *sigh* (And that's not counting the almost nap while waiting for the dermatologist.)

Good news: I've been accepted to Stitch and Bitch, so now I have something social to do on a few free evenings.

Crochet news: I did a few rows on the green Kroy socks while waiting for the dermatologist. Oh... and I couldn't wait any longer... I had to see what all the fluff was about with this Koigu KPPPM yarn. I had bought some on sale at Ram Wools. Tonight I balled it up, and did the toe of one sock. It's *very* soft and shiny... *very* yummy! The socks seem somewhat thicker than usual, and I'm wondering if they might slouch more, because the yarn doesn't have as much body. I'll keep you posted. There's some spots that didn't get dyed... I didn't notice in the store, but maybe that's why there was only this one skein of my favourite colourway left. (I got a complementary skein to have enough to do a pair of socks. I'm going to do the toes, heels, and top up the top in the complementary skein.)

Okie... time for bed. I hope your resolutions are going better than mine so far. ;)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's not a resolution, but Andrew and I try to go to bed by 10:00 on worknights. Sadly, though, we don't tend to make it a lot of the time, but we do at least get to bed by around 10:30 or so. Which is much better than midnight ;) Knowing that we wanted to be in bed by 10:00 gets our butts moving (okay, mostly my butt, since I'm the one who has to shower before bed) so we make it at something close, and we tend not to make plans that will cause us to be out later than 10:00, too.

I don't have any *real* resolutions, but I'm trying to stick with my "one Coke a day" rule and continue working on breaking my nailbiting habit. I'm usually good about limiting myself to one Coke a day, with the exception of "special occasions" -- usually parties where there isn't anything else I want to drink and I don't feel like water. On the nail thing, I need to get better about replacing my nail armor (my term for acrylic nails) as soon as it falls off, rather than waiting several hours or days, 'cause I'll chew on them in the interim. It's sad.....very sad. I had one fall off as I was in the process of picking up my lunch sack to walk out the door to go to work one morning, and rather than stopping and replacing it then, I decided I'd do it once I got to work. Bad idea -- I gnawed on the thing all the way to work, a 40 minute drive. I really don't understand why I can't get rid of the urge to chew. :(

-you know who this is ;)

noricum said...

Well, I did make it into bed by 11:05 last night. ;) I didn't sleep too well, though... I don't know if it was all those naps I took, or the fact I took a non-drowsy decongestant with dinner.

Maybe you should try that stuff that they make to put on kids nails that makes it taste bad?

But I know how you feel... I'm supposed to stop scratching at my zits! Aargh! Do you have any zit armor suggestions? ;)

Yep. ;) Nice hearing from you, as always. :))

Anonymous said...

My mother tried painting my nails with that stuff when I was a kid. Oddly enough, it didn't work (given how picky I am about what I'll eat). I think it just came off too easily or something.

Do you happen to know what that stuff is? People suggest it to me all the time, and they all just refer to it as "bad-tasting stuff."

noricum said...

I have no idea what it's called... like you, I've just heard of "bad-tasting stuff" too. I'm sure if you asked a pharmacist, they'd know what it was. ;)

Here's two sites I found on google:
http://stopbitingnails.com/sc.htmhttp://www.ehow.com/tips_35.html