Sunday, January 16, 2005

Recommendations

Apparently I've been using Bloglines long enough now that it feels it can give me recommendations. It recommended 50 blogs... and number 47 on the list was my blog. The blogs weren't listed alphabetically. I guess that means although my blog is relevant to me, I'm not terribly exciting (at least to me). Maybe I'm just sleep deprived, but I find that rather amusing. ;)

Nothing much exciting around here today. I talked with my mom (exciting for me, not for you), walked with a friend (ditto... although she did have an interesting description of a sex-toy party she had been invited to last week... but I won't go into that), returned the movies I had borrowed from the apartment complex (okay, but nothing exciting), and borrowed two more. (Can you tell I'm making lots of progress this weekend? *sigh*) However, the two movies I borrowed today were quite nice. Van Helsing was much better than I expected... I thought it would be just another cheesy SF flick, but it was actually very enjoyable. The other movie is Before Sunset, and is amazingly well done. It's just two people having a conversation, but it actually told its story much better than I feel many recent movies have. I won't spoil it for you, but I definitely recommend watching it. Before Sunset is rated R, but the worst that happens is some very frank conversation, and "the F word" was used once. (As opposed to the PG13 Van Helsing, which has a fair amount of CG violence.) Nevertheless, I don't think kids would enjoy it... not a lot of action.

Hmmm... my prozac must be at the right level if I can watch chick-flicks... :)

I've pretty much finished my laptop sleeve... just a few more rows to go on the lid/cover, and maybe some embroidery before fulling/felting. I'll post photos tomorrow... I could finish up the crochet tonight, but I don't want to felt it tonight... I need to get to bed. I've been doing pretty bad about getting to bed on time this past week.

Good night.

1 comment:

Daph said...

I signed up for bloglines, too, thanks for the heads up! :) I can't wait to see how your laptops sleeve turns out. I was thinking about making one for a friend, it's a neat idea!