Monday, January 31, 2005

Ugh.

Blech. I was sick this morning... I'm not sure why, but my tummy told me I had better stay in bed. Except for occasionally checking my e-mail, I did so until 5:00, when a telemarketer called. I figured I should probably get up so that I can sleep tonight.

I had to wash dishes before I could eat dinner... I had started my dishes last night, but there was a big pile of them (again). I washed last night for over an hour, then stopped because I was tired, and the water was getting little "floaties" that wanted to stick to the dishes. (Yech.) I got most of it done last night, but didn't do the pots. That meant I had no pots to cook dinner tonight. :( Oh well... at least it didn't take as long today. After washing dishes, I heated up some stew from the freezer. There's nothing like stew when you're feeling under the weather. (My stew has big chunks of beef, wild rice, and portabella mushroom chunks in broth. It's like a beef version of chicken soup. Mmmm....)

So now, except for feeling tired and having a bit of the shivers, I'm happy. I'm going to veg in front of the TV for a bit, then have a bath and go to bed. (I'd skip the bath, but after getting out of the shower I realized that I had forgotten to use soap. I had washed my hair, but forgot everything else. I'm going to make a great absent-minded professor.)

Nothing much to report crochet-wise... my scarf is longer. I'll post a picture soon, but I'm too lazy today. I sewed the button on my bag, but still need to do the lining. (Photo of that later too.) I have yet to start my sockapalooza pal's socks... I want to figure out my gauge problems first, and I'm thinking of mailing her a sample of the yarn to see if it's okay... it's not as soft as I was hoping, and after getting dark blue, I'm worried that maybe she'd rather have light blue. *sigh*

Oh... and thanks, Natalie, for your comment. Before I moved here, I thought the two countries were pretty similar too... but I really noticed the difference after I moved. Its a lot of little things, rather than something you can easily put your finger on. Part of the problem is that the boarder is really only porous in only one direction... lots of American stuff goes north, but very little Canadian stuff goes south. One example: junk food. The chocolate down here tastes like wax to me, and I can't get any of my favourite Canadian stuff. I would probably also be better off in one of the nothern, "blue" states, than down here. The US is not one big homogenous country. (And neither is Canada.) But then, even in the north, there would still be things I miss. A lot of it is a problem with me... I'm the type that gets homesick.

1 comment:

Daph said...

I'm sorry that you're sick... I hope you feel better soon! That soup does sound good (except for the mushrooms) LOL