Monday, December 25, 2006

Orange Kitty Update

Never fear, orange kitty got her head. I worked on her tonight while spending Christmas Eve with my dad and brother.

At this stage, there were two funny comments:
1. Now all you need to do is de-lobotomize it.
2. Hey, it's a "do-it-yourself brain surgery" kitty!
Orange Kitty WIP

Here's the top of her head being closed:
Orange Kitty WIP

My brother assisted by providing his raccoon (to help me visualize how to construct the head), and by choosing the colour for the final ear:
Brother
Aside: If you're wondering about the total lack of hair, my brother has alopecia. I may have a lot of allergies, but at least my body doesn't think it's allergic to my own hair! Of course, my brother looks pretty good when hairless... probably much better than I would. And another advantage of alopecia is that he doesn't have to shave. ;) (At least when *all* of it falls out. When it's patchy, it's better when he shaves the rest off.)

To face, or not to face, that is the question:
Orange Kitty WIP
Orange Kitty WIP

To face. In true scrappy fashion, her eyes and nose were scavanged from old silk shirts.
Orange Kitty
May I present Lady Marmalade?

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lady Marmalade is adorable! Nice work! My sister's fiance has alopecia. So is this an autoimmune disease? I thought my body attacking its own thyroid was bad.

Anonymous said...

Lady Marmalade is TOO cute & your brother is one good-looking guy! A very Merry Christmas to all of you. :)

noricum said...

I think alopecia is autoimmune, but I'm not positive.

Sallie said...

Love the kitty. You did a great job.

Anonymous said...

Marmalade looks wonderful!!!!!! Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Anonymous said...

Too damn cute Andrea, seriously! I love it!!!

Anonymous said...

Ack-she looks absolutely fab!

Anonymous said...

Yay for Lady Marmalade! She came out very well.

H

Anonymous said...

Oh, that is the coolest kitty I have ever seen! You did an absolutely fantastic job, and I love the idea of different bits of orange yarn. Very cool.

I hope you and your family had a wonderful holiday. XOXO

Dandy said...

LM is adorable!!
is it your own pattern??

too cool!

( don't tell Albert but your brother is pretty good looking ;)

noricum said...

Thanks everyone! :))

Yes, Lady Marmalade is my own pattern. I don't think I'll write it up... it would be a nightmare to write up, and pretty confusing to follow!

Thanks for all the good wishes too!