Monday, December 18, 2006

Mood Swings

As I had my shower today (rather late... it's been a lovely, relaxing day), I was reminded, as usual, of the bumps, scabs, and scars on my back and bottom. For some reason I get zits there, which I scratch at awkwardly until I've wounded myself, then I continue to scratch at the scabs that form. (Especially when they itch.) Scabs get scratched off and re-scab, until finally they manage to sneak a chance to heal as scars. They're ugly. When I am reminded of them, I dislike them, I dislike me for doing such stupid things, and I think anyone who sees them will think they're ugly.

However, my thinking quickly changed to how *lucky* I am! To have such minor worries! I have such great friends, family, and J. J loves me, even with my imperfections, and I love J. I am *so* incredibly lucky.

I finished my shower with quite a different mood than when I started. I miss my J, and can't wait to see him on Christmas!

I'll be spending Christmas eve with my dad and brother, then flying to Montreal to be with J on Christmas morning. :)

Thank you, all my bloggy friends, and friends who read my blog, for being you, and being my friends. I really appreciate it, and am lucky to know you. I hope you all are having a lovely Christmas season too!

6 comments:

Deneen said...

You sound like you're going to have a great holiday! Merry Christmas~!

Anonymous said...

I remember you mentioning some sensitivities with shampoo, but if you can use most body washes try the neutrogena acne-fighting body scrub. I used to get zits on my shoulders, this cleared it up in a couple of months and they've never been back.

Merry Christmas!

noricum said...

Yep, I'm allergic to most soaps too. ;) And acne-fighting ones seem to cause acne.

Anonymous said...

the acne fighting ones almost all have salicylic acid in 'em, which is a huge allergen (one of the ones I'm allergic to). Heh. That said, I get bumps and stuff and can sometimes loofah them off or use my exfoliating soap (I have an oatmeal soap I'm not allergic to).

Glad you had a mood change! I'm happy you will be with J on Christmas (shh, don't tell, I am kinda looking forward to waking up with my N on Christmas morning myself). :)

noricum said...

Thanks Jess. *grin* ...enjoy your morning!

Anonymous said...

"Yay!" for mood changes! Here's hoping you have a wonderful holiday. :)