Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Grump

Gee, nothing like riding around in the car with my dad to spoil the Christmas spirit. First there's his aggressive driving and him complaining about everyone else. *Then* there's the rude thing he said to the taxi driver with the turban. Sir, I would sincerely like to apologize for my father, and if I had known he was going to be rude, I wouldn't have opened the window for him. I don't know if it will make you feel any better to know he's just as rude to people without turbans, although what he said could easily be taken as being racist. (He commented that "maybe that's how people drive like where you're is from"... which I imagine is likely Winnipeg. Of course, Winnipeg drivers tend not to be friendly, but perhaps that's not what my dad meant, or how you took it.) I realize you probably won't read this, but I have no idea how to contact you, and I was shocked enough at my dad not to notice which taxi company you were with.

I'm now going to try to put this behind me, and get back into the Christmas spirit. Or, at least, proofread J's tenure documents for him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stuff like that makes me sick to my stomach when I witness it. Sorry you had to experience it with your dad!