Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Merry Christmas from Montreal!

Guess what?!? It's *snowing*!!!! I *love* snow!!! :) Montreal had been warm (and rainy, apparently) until yesterday, and today we woke up to snow! A white boxing day isn't quite the same as a white Christmas, but I had a white Christmas Eve in Winnipeg, at least. ;)

My flight yesterday was pretty uneventful. I was up way too late packing / finishing Lady M / baking J's cookies / tidying the house on Christmas Eve... and then when I finally got to bed, I had trouble sleeping from all the sugar and chocolate I had eaten at my dad's. (Dad buys stocking stuffers at Scoop And Weigh. Tasty, but pricey and fattening!)

I got up Christmas morning, excitiment to be on my way helping with the lack of sleep, tossed the last few items in the suitcase, and headed off to the airport. I was there earlier than I would normally go, but not as early as the WestJet people seemed to think I should be. Of course, as expected, check-in and security was a breeze. I lay down for a nap near my gate, and managed to fall asleep just before they called my plane for boarding. Thankfully another girl was kind enough to wake me up and check if I was on the flight! I snoozed a bit on the plane too. ;)

I am deleriously happy to be here with my wonderful J! We had dinner last night with friends... J cooked *fabulous* stuff, and the eight of us there were *stuffed* by the end. (I was stuffed before the end, so snuck off for another nap.)

Today is a lazy day... I'm still in my pajamas! I'm contemplating getting dressed and making a snowman, but that's about as far as I've gotten with that thought. ;)

Best wishes to all of you, and I hope you're as happy as I am right now!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful time....enjoy the snow!!

Anonymous said...

hey! did you know your sock yarn pic was cited on laist.com? i was surfing crazy aunt purl and Bam! in her link there's one of your pics

http://www.laist.com/archives/2006/12/27/crazy_aunt_purls_top_10_best_spots_of_2006_to_get_your_crazy_yarn_lady_on.php#more

noricum said...

Wow! I had clicked on the link to open in a tab when I read her post, and hadn't seen it yet. Neat! :) Thanks for letting me know!

Anonymous said...

ha! I was just going to mention to you the same thing as nishanna! :) hehe. I recognized the tomato ;)