Sunday, December 24, 2006

Lime and Violet Sock Marathon

Since I'll be away January 1st, I'm posting my stash as of today, December 24th, for the Lime and Violet Sock Marathon.

Here's my sock yarn stash (two balls not shown... they're "emergency yarn" stored at work):
Sock Yarn
7 532 meters = 4.68016782 miles (according to google). Unless I made a mistake adding it up?

Of course, adding in my sock yarn scraps pretty much doubles it!
Sock Yarn Scraps

Let's see... three months, at least two pairs of socks a month... that's approximately 1.4 miles. I aim to surpass 1.4 miles in socks, hopefully match that distance in sock yarn scraps, and then do another half mile as a clapotis. (Although I may start the clapotis between now and January.) That makes for around 3.5 miles.

Of course, if I manage to completely go through my sock stash, I'm going to *celebrate*!!! (By buying more sock yarn, of course. ;) )

I wonder how crazy this goal is? It's the sock yarn blanket that has me a bit worried... I'll have to get back to it! (Good! Some motivation to make significant progress!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so psyched you're doing this marathon too!!!!

noricum said...

I was so surprised to see you there... I was like "gee, that userid sure looks familiar..." (I can be dense sometimes! ;) ) It's cool that we're both in it. :) I *love* the lime and violet podcast!!!