Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Yesterday

Short version: I ran around like a chicken with it's head cut off, and then was exhausted.

Longer version:
I got up late. I did some quicken stuff to see how my finances were. I came to school. I picked up my paycheque for December (tiny, but exists), then went up to my office. Added paycheque to quicken. Checked student central, but it wouldn't tell me what I had to pay in order to register. Called cashier's office, got a busy signal. Called KT, got an answering machine. Went down to KT's office, she wasn't there, but JJ was in her office. Asked JJ how I was supposed to find out how much I owe. She pointed out the table on her bulletin board. I borrowed a pen and paper, and wrote down the numbers. I went back upstairs, and compared the tuition and fees numbers to my quicken numbers. I estimated how much I needed to borrow from the department and prepared banking stuff. I went down to CP's office, got the loan, then went to the credit union. (Thankfully I remembered there was one within walking distance, so that saved me from having to catch the bus to the one near my place.) Deposited paycheque, loan cheque, and Canadian cheque to start the transfer process from Canada. Walked over to cashier's office. Waited in a sloooooow line. Paid my tuition. Walked to Student Stores, and bought ten 2 cent stamps. Mailed overdue phone bill that arrived (and became overdue) while I was gone. Walked back to department. Said hi to K, and asked if I could eat my lunch in her office. She said yes, so I went to my office to grab my lunch, then back to her office.

*Finally* slowed down and destressed. I like visiting with K over lunch. She liked the crochet hooks I bought her. :)

After a long lunch, I no longer felt as stressed, but still felt exhausted. I went back to my office. I tried to register for classes, but the site was being stupid. I eventually borrowed my officemate's windows machine to see if it would behave better there. It did. I was finally registered! Still dead, but registered.

I stuck it out to the end of the day, but didn't actually accomplish anything.

At 5:00 I went home, and then napped until shortly before 8. Then I cooked dinner... and actually got up the energy to prepare and cook something non-standard. (Stuff other than "the usual" takes more effort because I need to think.)

Then, at 9:00, I finally phoned S and told her not to worry. (Mom and B flew to Cuba today, and S worries until she knows they're fine. I forgot to check earlier when their flight data was still on the web page, but I couldn't find any plane crashes when I googled, so I figured they must be there. ;) )

After calling S I did a few rows on Klaralund, then dealt with the ends that had popped out of my eyelet cardi so I could wear it today. I put the dishes on to wash, and washed the non-dishwasher cooking utensil too.

It was midnight by the time I finally got to bed, and then I couldn't fall asleep.

I fought with the snooze button again this morning. I'm here at work, but I'm just as dead as I was yesterday afternoon. Blech. :P

I showed K my eyelet cardi. :) SNB tonight... but I'm thinking I should just stay home, given how tired I am already. I want to get a good night sleep so I can be ready and raring to go tomorrow.

I think I'll make some green ginger tea... maybe that will help.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Phew! Glad to hear that you are registered and all tuition stuff seems under control. Get some better rest tonight.

H

LadyLinoleum said...

Busy woman...I'm the same way lately. I feel fried from it all.