Thursday, January 19, 2006

Unproductive

I'm having a rather unproductive afternoon, and I don't really care. Well, I do, but I'm trying not to. I'm feeling slightly guilty, but I told myself I could do this when I was up late preparing for class last night. I *am* looking at how KiNG handles comments, so that I can correct my perl script which generates data for my dissertation, so I guess I'm not totally unproductive. But I also spent quite a while reading blogs, and ordering stuff on Amazon using a gift certificate I got by trading in my American Airlines airmiles. (I don't have enough to get a flight with them, and they don't fly to/from Winnipeg. So these miles will be useless after May.) I ordered the first three Harry Potter DVDs, and the final book in a series H loaned me. (So I'll loan you this one H, and you can get the neat bindings when they eventually come out. ;) )

Hmmm... J's grant probably paid for the initial flights, so I guess he bought me three DVDs and a book in return for teaching his class. ;)

At lunchtime I went to Sit 'n Stitch. :) It was pretty small today... at first, just me and K, and then M stopped by. I brought my spinning to show K. It's fascinating stuff, how you can go from "baaa to sweater." Of course, I only went from roving to singles. I've been feeling like spinning lately, but not finding time for it. I spun for about half of SNS, and then worked some more on H's Ravenclaw socks. I've already started the second sock. :)

Well, I think I'll head home early... after all, I did get in quite early this morning, after being up late last night. I could use a nap. Ta ta.

No comments: