Thursday, January 19, 2006

Survived

Well, I survived, and the class went reasonably well. I had a brain fart on the recurrence relation slide, so J will have to redo that one, but the rest went fairly smoothly. Not perfectly, but I think I got the ideas and enthusiasm across.

My knee is feeling somewhat better now... I can bend it. :P

Too bad our bodies don't come with warranties. ;)

Deneen: Yeah, I plan to bring it up with my doc the next time I'm in. They've never had an idea what it was whenever I asked before, but I have a pretty good idea that it's arthritis, since my mom also got arthritis fairly young. Since there's a test they can do to see if that is actually what it is, I think I'll get them to do that. It's nice to have a name for my pain... it sort of confirms that it's not all in my head, if you know what I mean? Mom was encouraging me to get tested, given how much pain I was in when I was home. She also said that her artritis went away when she got pregnant, but we both figure I'm not in an ideal situation to start popping out kids. ;) The ibuprofin wasn't helping that much over Christmas, but I'm getting pretty good results with aspirin at the moment. I forgot to take some last night before bed, which is probably why I'm in pain this morning. (I took a couple aspirin with breakfast.)

I signed up to give blood on Monday. I need to check how long before the donation I have to stop taking aspirin. I think it's just one day, but it may be two.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad your knee is feeling a little better and that class went okay!

Anonymous said...

I, too, am glad the pain is easing. :) "Whew!"- regarding your class. I'm sure you did a great job.

none said...

Pain sucks! I have been taking a drug called Etodolac. It was suppose to be for my back pain, but never helped with that. It does help this pain I have in my hip. It is an arthritis medicine. I know what you mean though about feeling old.