The laptop sleeve won round one hands down, but I started to pull ahead in the second round:
The winner is yet to be decided.
Yes, I did an "oops."
I felted the swatch in a single load on hot.
The sleeve went on warm the first load, because it was an actual laundry load. It still needed shrinking, so I put it through a second load on hot.
Since I didn't think H wanted to go out and buy a 12" laptop to replace her 15", I wrestled with the beast. I now have it wide enough, but not quite long enough. I think it's about a half inch or so too short. However, it's *really* thick and cushy... lots of protection everywhere else! ;)
I've noticed that mine has stretched vertically over time, so maybe this one will too.
H has three options:
1. Accept this sleeve with my apologies.
2. Accept my sleeve which will fit her computer, but isn't the colours she selected.
3. Buy additional wool so I can try again. The main problem with this option is that I'm leaving Saturday, and so don't really have time to get the wool, and certainly don't have time to buy wool *and* remake the sleeve. I have less than a half ball of each colour. (Tapestry crochet uses more yarn than plain crochet.)
I'll keep you posted.