Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Smiles

Oh... my friend M was here when the sleeve came out of the wash. She witnessed the disaster and subsequent wrestling match. (She's the photographer of the match.) She wanted to know how I could be smiling. Two answers:
1. The right dose of Prozac.
2. The smile was definitely on the maniacal side.
What's your response to felting gone wrong?

Oh... and if you want a *really* good felting washing machine, I highly recommend a Whirlpool Ultimate Care II. Just make sure to check your WIP *often*. Unless, of course, you don't care how tiny it is when it comes out.

4 comments:

none said...

Smile big and hope for the best or cry, right? Really what could you do? It was up to the felting gods and I guess they did't get the measurements.

Deneen said...

Ugh, felting disasters? My problem is not enough shrinkage! That is beautiful though-bummer about it not fitting. You could always make a strap and use it as a mini tote~

Sallie said...

I have had a few felting disasters, but I was always able to muscle them around to what I wanted. However, my felting projects have been knit, not crochet. Do you think crochet felts up tighter than knitting?

noricum said...

I think knit and crochet felt to similar tightness. The problem with this sleeve is simply the *amount* of muscle required... it *really* felted *lots*. (It's kind of like trying to stretch a barbie sweater back out to adult size. ;) )