Saturday, January 21, 2006

Robo Dwarf Hamsters

Robo Dwarf Hamsters
Robo Dwarf Hamsters

After AC Moore, K and I went in to PetSmart (or one of those big box pet stores) to search out puppy-dog kisses. in addition to plenty of puppy kisses, we found the most adorable little hyper critters. Defintely *too* cute! (Luckily I'm pretty sure I'd end up allergic to them, so I wasn't tempted to bring them home.)

Oh... and before AC Moore, K and I made a little trip over to Cary to see Shuttles, Needles, and Hooks. Man, is that one awesome yarn store. I was lucky to escape with my wallet intact. (K helped remind me that I was on a budget.) We petted all the yarns, and drooled over them too. (But didn't drool on them. We were very careful.) There was *so* much I'd love to take home. *sigh* It's a cool little store... it's a house that's crammed floor-to-ceiling with yarn. People who are claustrophobic should avoid shopping there. I did discover something new: Noro is now producing a Silk Garden in a lighter weight! Woo-hoo! If I can find some in the right colours, that may be my next plan for my Canada sweater. (Which is pretty much worked out in my head, but I can't find the right yarn for it.) The regular silk garden #84 looked pretty good, but they didn't have the light in stock in that colourway.

Definitely a fun day!

Now for some muppet fun... *grin*

2 comments:

Trish said...

I've owned numerous Siberian Dwarf hamsters. They can be very fun, but also kinda mean. They are much more spastic than other hamsters...heheh But darn cute aren't they??? :)

Anonymous said...

I kept the class' hamsters over spring break one year when I was in elementary school. We put their cage in my bedroom, and they damn near drove me crazy. They chewed on the plastic stuff in their cage (plastic tubes to run through, plastic hamster wheel, etc) ALL NIGHT LONG every night. It was enough to make me never even THINK about having hamsters again. I suppose maybe if they stayed in a cage with non-plastic parts or in a room across the house from where people where sleeping, they might be tolerable. But for me, no.

Does that help any? ;)