Thursday, July 19, 2012

Anatomy of a Bathtub Tap

*Yawn*! I *need* to get to bed! However, I got the tap disassembled (farther than before, although perhaps still not far enough), photographed, and reassembled. I tightened everything *snug*, and I think the drip might even be less, although I didn't watch it very long. I've plugged the tub again, so I'll check in the morning again. (Although this time it won't be 12 hours... more like 7.) Hopefully it'll either hold now, or the store people will be able to recognize what we need from the photos.

If you are curious, here's the anatomy of my bathtub tap, behind, front, and dissected:
IMG_6168
IMG_6171
(Sadly that tag didn't contain any maker information, just a warning about excessive heat voiding the warranty.)
IMG_6175
IMG_6176
(This is the part that looks crumbly... looking at it again, I think if it goes, I just won't be able to turn the faucet on and off, but the water won't come blasting out.)
IMG_6177
IMG_6178
IMG_6179
IMG_6180
IMG_6182
IMG_6183
IMG_6185
IMG_6187
IMG_6190
IMG_6191
IMG_6192

(I had trouble getting all the bits back in... I was worried I'd have to use the scary shower tomorrow morning! Thankfully it *did* go back in after a few tries.)

No comments: