Monday, June 01, 2009

Weather

Huh... this morning the weather was beautiful, warm, and sunny. I wanted to leave the windows open more (they're just cracked now), but there was a chance of showers forecast.

"Showers" sounds so innocent compared to what's going on outside now.

When I went to the bathroom a moment ago, I noticed the atrium was quite dark... dusk dark. Dusk doesn't happen these days until after 9 pm. (I'm not sure exactly when, but I do know I've been gardening until 9 a few nights recently.) So I took a brief jaunt over to the stairwell to have a look out a window. It looks like it's coming down pretty heavy and at a definite angle. I can also hear the thunder from my office in the middle of the building.

From Environment Canada:
City of Winnipeg
4:08 PM CDT Monday 1 June 2009
Severe thunderstorm warning for
City of Winnipeg issued

A thunderstorm moving through the Winnipeg area is producing wind gusts to 90 km/h. The thunderstorm is moving east at 50 km/h.
This is a warning that severe thunderstorms are imminent or occurring in these regions. Remember that some severe thunderstorms produce tornadoes. Listen for updated warnings.


I have an hour before I head outside... I hope it's a fast moving storm! (Thankfully I did bring my coat, I have my regular sized umbrella, and with the direction of the wind, I shouldn't be getting too much rain on my windowsills.

Hmmm... looking at this radar map, I should be fine by 5:30.

No comments: