Monday, January 01, 2007

Turn of the New Year

My last finished object(s) of 2006 were another pair of socks for H:
Crochet Socks
(Well, technically I wove in the ends in 2007, but that's only because I didn't have a yarn needle with me at the party.)

My last project started in 2006 is a squid toque for my brother:
Squid Toque WIP
Very squiddy, don't you think? Just kidding... I decided to add the "apendages" on afterwards. Ironically, after repeatedly making a too-small toque for myself, I think I may be making a too-big toque for my brother. I figure I'll keep working on it, and get his opinion when I'm back in Winnipeg. Half the reason he asked for a new toque is that his current one is too small, so I *don't* want to err on the small side. ;) (The other half reason he asked is because his current toque is scratchy. This Mission Falls 1824 yarn is *soft* and brother-approved.)

My projected first newly started project in 2007:
Soon To Be Socks
Black Bunny Fibers "Ivy" socks for Knittah. And knowing me, these may just be the first FO's of 2007 as well. ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! I can't wait! And Happy New Year, while I'm at it! I love that you got the knitting wolf for Christmas.

Anonymous said...

I love that Mission Falls merino, adore it in fact, if only they made bigger skeins (and only I could find it easily in the US).

The sock colorway is terrific too!

Anonymous said...

Ooooo! Look at them socks! Thanks!

If I didn't already know that the hat will be squid hat, I would never guess its squidiness. Appendages will be where? Sticking straight up at the top (like a stiff ponytail or a strange pom-pom)?

H