Thursday, January 11, 2007

Day Of Rest

Yesterday I was so tired I barely functioned. Since I didn't manage much of a nap last night (thanks to shovelling snow and other stuff), didn't make it to bed earlier (stupid me), and woke up dead tired when my alarm went off... I decided to sleep today. Bad, I know, but I figured it would be better to sleep now, than spend today and tomorrow in a state of fog.

The sky was pretty when I did wake up (the second time):
Sky

However, I was less than thrilled at the state of the sidewalks:
Snow
I had *just* shovelled last night! No one had had a chance to walk on the clean walks! Shovelling had kept me from my nap! Aaaaaargh!

At one point during my day of napping, I seriously considered getting up and shovelling. When I saw that the thermometer read -24 C, I went back to napping. Just now on the news, I saw that with windchill, it was around -40.

Of course, now it's -27 C out, dark, and the snow still isn't shovelled. *sigh*

I've showered and dressed now... including my new longjohns. Since it's already dark, I'm going to have dinner and watch Grey's Anatomy first, then go out and attack the snow at 8:00.

No comments: