Friday, January 26, 2007

Skating At The Forks


Last night I went skating with my dad and some of his friends (singles group) on the river trail at The Forks.
River Path
River Path
Although the trail goes all the way to Hugo Street, I made it to about halfway between the Donald and Osborne Street bridges... a bit under 2 km round trip. I probably could have gone further, but I didn't want to risk going too far and having trouble getting back. The benches along the trail were nice... although a few more would have been nicer. ;) I didn't use all of them, but when I *did* need a break, they usually seemed to be pretty far away.
Signpost
Afterwards we had hot chocolate and shared some fresh (made-while-you-watch) mini doughnuts. Mmmm! (I'm guessing I ate more calories than I burned!)
Swatchy and Treats
I like The Forks. :)
Lights

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Skating on the forks sounds like great fun. I remember visiting the Forks when my sister lived in Winnipeg, about 15 years ago. Really neat place!

Anonymous said...

omigod, that looks yummy! Especially since I've gone low-carb. (You're really cruel, you know. :::wink:::)

Did the dang pattern book ever make it up north????

noricum said...

Nope, not yet... but Canada Post is really slow. :P

noricum said...

Actually, I just went up to check what came today, and it's here!!! Thank you! :)