Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Wyvern Wrap-Up

After wearing them yesterday, I think I can safely conclude that knit socks are as good as crochet socks. ;) I like how the ribbing up the back makes them nice and snug, without being overly tight.

Up next? Well, I have the pink lace scarf of doom to finish (11 out of 32 reps done), and the much more pleasant Durrow (2/6 balls of yarn done). There's the crochet winterberry socks, but since I'll start another pair of crochet socks as soon as I'm done them, finishing them off isn't a priority. (Since it doesn't result in fewer WIPs.) After I make some more progress on the scarf and/or Durrow, I'll let myself make another washcloth and then start on orange kitty. Or maybe I'll just jump into a washcloth and orange kitty. I sort of feel like starting something new after being relatively monogamous over the past three weeks.

As soon as I get home, I'm finishing off some of those WIPs lying around! Like the baby booties, H's purple surf socks, and probably also the unicorn filet crochet. I should finish off Forest Purl as well, but I think those first three should go relatively quickly if I focus on them. Well, I know the socks will... I'd be done them by now if I had brought them with me... they just took up a bit too much space for the amount of entertainment left. The booties should take a night or two, and I just need to figure out what I did on the first and repeat on the second. All that requires is a bit of concentration. The filet crochet unicorn will take a bit longer, but I should finish in a week, and it'll be nice to have that done and not nagging me any more. ;)

Hmmm... 9 WIPs/UFOs - 3 (booties, socks, unicorn) + 1 (kitty) = 7... that seems reasonable. It'll be *much* nicer when I'm done the pink scarf of doom, though!

No comments: