Monday, November 13, 2006

Beaded Stitch Markers

Beaded Stitch Markers

So, to make myself feel somewhat better about spending quite so much money today, I whipped up some stitch markers. (Nothing like some finished objects to emotionally balance spending.) The top row still need the hooks/loops added, the six on the left are for a swap, and the rest on the right are ones I plan on keeping.

Question: Would anyone be interested in buying some stitch markers? (Let's be frank... it would be to kind of offset what I spent today. Is it wrong to want my hobbies to support themselves a bit?) How much do you think it would be fair to charge? For reference purposes, I used crystal, garnet, jade, aventurine, glass (the blue ones weren't labelled, but I'm guessing they're glass rather than stones), and miscellaneous beads, none of which are plastic. The findings are some unlabelled metal, sort of a blue/blackened silver colour. Oh... and I'm estimating I spent around $70 on beading stuff today. (Those tiny things sure add up!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to bead a lot and I swear, it is more expensive than yarn (but sure takes up less space)! :)

I might be interested in buying some stitch makers but I'm not sure right this second. Poke around etsy and see what other people are selling their stitch markers for.

Knittah said...

Oooooooooo, purdy! I will definitely buy stitch markers from you!

Anonymous said...

Here is an example for some pricing.

http://deniseknits.typepad.com/markers/

I am out for this month, but perhaps next month?

OK here are more.

http://www.curiousyarns.co.uk/stitchmarkers.htm

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=2916631&uid=1526840