Thursday, November 16, 2006

Spinning

Yarn

Before I let myself try my new spindle and roving from Rhinebeck, I wanted to finish up the lovely grey roving Jess sent me. (I forget what kind of sheep it is... do you remember Jess?) I had some spun, and decided I should finish it, both as practice, and so I have fewer things going all at once. ;)

It went surprisingly quickly last night and this morning! I used the inchworm, or park and draft, method. I plan on plying this. There isn't very much... perhaps I can use it to do some colourwork in the hat I plan to make of the Rhinebeck roving.

This really is a lovely spindle, too... I don't give it enough credit. (Thanks again, Jess!) But still, I can't wait to try my Maggie!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it's romney, which is a more coarse wool, but I found it relatively easy to spin as a newbie, which is why I sent it. :) It looks great!