Monday, November 27, 2006

Flying

Hee hee! That spider mug Bron gave me as part of the Halloween swap gave airport security a scare. However, after they opened my bag to discover what it was, they thought it was cute.

Boy, am I ever scatterbrained today. I forgot to empty my pockets before going through the scanner!

I miss J, and have that lost, where am I supposed to be, feeling. :(

Chicago O'Hare has a rather lousy selection of food. I had a slice of blueberry crumb cake from Starbucks. I would have bought a banana too, but they want $1.10 here. Crazy!!! My banana guy in New York sold them for 25 cents each, and the more expensive places were only 35 cents! (Well, I remember some juice bar wanted a ridiculous amount, but I forget how much... I didn't buy one.)

I have a two and a half hour stopover here, so I'm just killing time. There's wireless here, but I'm not paying $7 for it. :P This'll get posted at some point after I'm home.

Well, I guess I'll add up my purchases (fiber and Christmas shopping), then work some more on Durrow. I'm over 12" into the front now, and then have both sleeves to do.

While I remember, I made another square for the blankie using leftover Cherry Tree Hill sock yarn. Yummy! Oh, that square is full of squooshy goodness! I knew I liked the socks, but couldn't really compare them to my crochet socks, since that's a bit like comparing apples and oranges. However, comparing this garter stitch square to the others I've knit... wow! I *love* it! I think once I start to run low on sock yarn (like that ever happens), I'll let myself buy some more Cherry Tree Hill. I can't check the colours right now, but I seem to remember they have a lovely colour called something like Sugar Maple, and Birch seemed nice too. I think there was another I liked as well, but I can't remember it right now.

Well, off to calculate my purchases. And perhaps also how many days I've been in the US. (I guess since my last trip to Montreal, not since I left Winnipeg. These trips are so confusing.)

(time passes)

I'm in Winnipeg now. Except for being asked, once *again* how I support myself, I had an easy time at customs. (I'm a jobless bum with savings who lives off of those and the good graces of others! Stop rubbing it in!!!)

The bathroom on the last flight was really scary... kind of in a broken way. If the bathroom is that poorly maintained, how are the other things, like wings and engines?

Hmmm... I'm thinking perhaps the other two Cherry Tree Hill colours I like were the potluck greens and potluck purples, but I really can't remember now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

With all your back-and-forthing, I'm amazed you ever know where you are.

hehehe...Glad that spider mug is still spreading cheer!