Saturday, October 21, 2006

Weekend, Part One

Last night J and I (and Swatchgrrl) went to MOMA.
Swatchgrrl at MOMA

Here's a few more photos that I didn't post at Travels With Swatchy:
Sculptures
(Um, I can see why that woman stopped modelling for the artist after that last one!)

White
White, but strangely compelling.

Hole
Funky black hole.

I bought a cute little sheep ornament ($8) at the American Folk Art Museum gift shop next door:
Sheep Ornament

This morning (and early afternoon) I went to the Big Apple Glass Art and Bead Festival. I made some incredibly tacky free projects, but my main goal in making them was to learn beading techniques. I think I was quite successful in that regard. :)
Swatchgrrl with Bead Projects
I also found a cute little silver bead that looks a lot like a ball of yarn. I bought it plus a silk cord to hang it on. Total cost for door fee, bead, and silk cord: $10. Not bad. I also got two free issues of Bead Unique magazine. I haven't flipped through them yet to see if they're interesting or not.

After I got back, J and I went out for a long rambling walk. We stopped in at K-mart, where I got some pajama bottoms that don't have holes, and J bought a non-mildewy shower curtain and a non-broken bike pump. (Yay!) We looked at large frying pans at The Panhandler, but didn't end up getting anything. Then we went walking to look for a specific Spanish grocery store in Soho. We didn't find it. Nor a non-cracked Blackberry case. However, I did find a nifty cutting board to give my grandma for Christmas. (She's *so* hard to shop for!) The cutting board lays flat when you chop, but then folds when you pick it up to put stuff in the pot/bowl/whatever. I hope she likes it.

Tonight J and I saw a puppet theater, How I fixed my engine with rose water. A very interesting production!

Well, now I'm exhausted, and tomorrow is Rhinebeck, so I'm off to bed. Good night!

1 comment:

Deneen said...

MOMA is one of my favorite places to go to in NY.

You are making me miss my single days of weekends where you actually "do" something, as opposed to "having stuff to do".