Monday, October 16, 2006

Hello From New York

I'm with my sweetie again. :)

Custom's was relatively painless. Mr official wanted to know if J had applied for me to live in the US yet, and I said no. He asked if we were engaged, and I said no. He asked how long I was staying, and I said six weeks. His eyes bugged out a bit at that, and he asked why so long. So I said that next weekend there is a sheep and wool festival that I wanted to go to, the conference is November 10-12, and then it was almost American Thanksgiving, and I wanted to stay for that. That made sense to him. (Thank you, sheep and wool, for saving my fluff!) He barely looked at my stack of "ties to Canada". Perhaps wearing my lucky Winnipeg socks did the trick. ;)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

woohoo! hooray for someone who isn't a jerk. :) plus now you're with J again! hooray! :)

wish I could make it to rhinebeck :( very happy you are going!

noricum said...

I look forward to running into you in person one of these days!

Deneen said...

I'm glad it went so well, but really is it any of their business why you want to stay six weeks? Seriously, couldn't you say you need hot monkey love in 6 week imcrements and that be okay?

noricum said...

Frankly, I have no idea what my rights are, but I don't think I have many.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you made it back in the country successfully. :)

I could invite you to my Austin baby shower on December 9 to give you an excuse to extend your visit a few more weeks... ;)

noricum said...

Well, I already have my ticket booked... but I'll keep you posted. ;)

Sean Carter said...

Who would want to miss Thanksgiving....that's the last thing on earth that i'd miss. Came across this Thanksgiving Blog recently. Found it amazing with all it's awesome info and ideas. Check it out sometime soon.

noricum said...

Uh, Sean... that's your blog. I don't mind you advertising your blog with a relevant comment, but really... don't pretend. That's insulting.