Thursday, October 19, 2006

Things I Should NOT Buy From Webs

(If/when I visit in November.)

I will NOT buy yarn for the perfect sweater. Neither will come home with me.

I will NOT buy two skeins of Malabrigo (2 x $12.00/skein, discountable = $24 discountable) to make My So Called Scarf for J (or someone else... I want an excuse to buy this yarn! ..no, no I *don't*) for Christmas.

I will also NOT buy 11 balls of Noro Silk Garden Lite (11 x $10.95/skein, discountable = $120.45 discountable) to make a lighter version of Klaralund. (*Please* convince me I really don't need a second Klaralund, and that making a lighter-weight one is the perfect excuse, in addition to it being a different colour!)

Although both yarns are on sale, I will NOT buy yarn for Williamsro. I will not buy the 15 balls of Cash Iroha (15 x $6.79/ball, no further discount = $101.85) and 5 balls of Blossom (5 x $6.29/ball, no further discount = $31.45). Nope, I *won't*. Even though at regular price the yarn would cost me around $212. Nope, Williamsro for $133.30 will *not* tempt me.

And since I have yarn for two sweaters and a light cardigan in my stash, and one sweater on the needles (back is nearly done on Durrow!), I will not experiment with making Cactus Flower from Rowan Kidsilk Haze (4 x $13.95/ball, discountable = $55.80 discountable) and Elsebeth Lavold Silky Tweed (10 x $4.49/ball, no further discount = $44.90). Buying more sweater yarn would definitely be a bad idea.

After all, spending up to $370.39 on yarn that I have neither the time, space, nor income for would really be a bad idea. *Really* bad. Hopefully I can keep that really big number in my head at Webs, so I don't go crazy. Perhaps I should print this out, just to remind myself? (NO! NOT as a shopping list!)

Help?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have absolutely nothing helpful to add, except that I am jealous that you get to visit Rhinebeck and WEBS in quick succession! I have been a little bit off yarn buying for reasons inexplicable, other than that I am trying to finish projects and I am enough in love with my stash right now.

noricum said...

I love the things I'm working on and the stuff in my stash too. Why can't I be satisfied too?!?

Anonymous said...

How do you think I got into so much trouble with my yarn stash--I used to live in Northampton, and then was in Boston only 90 miles away.

Resistance is futile...right?

What did you do?

noricum said...

I now understand your stash woes!

Knittah said...

I'm no help at all. I had to beat myself over the head last night with a book to stop from buying MORE sock yarn online. Hmmmm, maybe if you carry a list to Webs of what I want . . . . . ? No, that would be bad. Very very bad for me.