Sunday, October 15, 2006

Strange Dream

Man, did I ever have a *strange* dream last night.

For some reason I was over at my dad's. I heard some yelling for help, so I looked out the window. Two young teenagers, one boy and one girl, were yelling because they had gotten stuck while climbing around in a dump that was aparently behind the house next to the cemetary. They got unstuck, but had to leave all of their clothing behind in order to do so. They then started yelling that they wanted their clothes back, and how the house owner was irresponsible. Then the neighbour across the street yelled back that the teens were lucky the house owner hadn't decided to sue them, because apparently the kids had been tresspassing and vandalizing lots in that yard. The kids rode off on their bikes. I was glad that it wasn't me biking around the neighbourhood naked, which I had apparently done in the past when I got too sweaty.

While I was looking out the window and watching the goings-on, a pair of sheep were delivered to that same house, and taken around back.

Then I noticed a wee tiny lamb tottering around in the yard of the other neighbour, and it seemed lost. I decided to go out and try to get it returned to where it was supposed to be. The lamb was tiny, about the size of the adolescent stray kitten that had been fascinated by my gardening yesterday. The lamb was small and white, and was looking in a crate/box for something. Somehow I knew it didn't belong in the crate, even though the crate was (sometimes) the type used for dogs. I picked up the little lamb, and it told me that it had lost its mittens, and would I help it find them? The lamb was quite insistent. I was somewhat surprised, but decided it must have been one of those lambs from the nursery rhyme (which is actually about three little *kittens* losing their mittens, but we all know logic has no place in dreams).

Since the house by the cemetary had had sheep delivered earlier, I thought the lamb might have belonged to them, so I went over to ask. The Ms (neighbours, but from a different house) were sitting at patio tables in the front yard. They didn't know who the lamb belonged to. Then the people who owned the house came out with a bunch of young children who were having a birthday party there. They wanted to pet the lamb, so I sat down on the low stone fence and let them pet the lamb (who still wanted his mittens). I had to keep reminding the children not to get too close to the lamb's eyes.

Even though the owners of the house had had sheep delivered, the lamb I had found was not theirs. Then I began to worry that the lamb had accidentally gotten off the truck when the other sheep were being delivered, and I didn't know who the truck belonged to.

I think this is when I woke up.

I rather dislike waking up from dreams with unresolved issues, because then I still worry about them in the back of my mind when I'm awake, even though I know it's silly. Like how if I fight with someone in a dream, I have to keep reminding myself after I get up that I'm not actually mad at the person, because the fight had never actually happened.

Anyone missing a lamb? Anyone found the lamb's missing mittens? It sure was a cute tiny thing, with crimpy, soft, white fleece.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That was an intense, complex dream. I wonder what it means. Maybe you have a supressed need to spin and/or to make mittens? _White_ mittens? :-)

H

noricum said...

Hmmmm! Are there any dream-interpreters out there that feel like analyzing my dream? ;)

sheep#100 said...

Cool dream!