Thursday, October 19, 2006

Peanut Butter and Jelly

Peanut Butter and Jelly
Peanut Butter and Jelly

I had these two dolls when I was a kid, and found them again recently when I was cleaning my room. (I photographed them before leaving for NY, but didn't have time to post then.)

I resemble Jelly more than I do Peanut Butter: I have blonde hair, blue eyes, and no freckles. My best friend had brown hair, brown eyes, and freckles, just like Peanut Butter. However, I felt that Peanut Butter was a better representation of me than Jelly: not as girly-girl, and I really wanted brown hair, brown eyes, and freckles.

I really am happy with how I look now. I'm me, and I wouldn't change myself for the world. Even if I did wish for brown hair and freckles. ;)

I did find it ironic, growing up, knowing that others wanted blue eyes and blonde hair, when I wanted the opposite.

I held onto these dolls for a long time, but I think it's time for them to pass on to another child. I've put them in the box to go to Goodwill.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always wanted a darker hair color also (thus I dye my hair dark red now).

Eye color never mattered as much to me. I can vaguely recollect wishing I had brown eyes, but Andrew really likes my green ones and tells me so often enough that I can't remember the last time I wished my eyes were a different color. ;)

Deneen said...

They are cute dolls, I never heard of them.

Elena wants straight hair, but is okay with green eyes.

I wanted straight hair too-didn't care what color, just no curls-I had green eyes also and sometimes wanted blue. Are we ever really happy with ourselves?

noricum said...

I've never heard of anyone else having a pair. I don't know where they came from either.