Friday, October 13, 2006

Contest Winners

Gah! I had started typing up this post, and then Safari crashed. It's been doing that a lot lately... I think it started happening around the time Bloglines started their fancy new update thing. Grrr. I'm going to upgrade to 10.4 and see if that helps any.

Anyway, where was I? Oh, yes, the contest. It closed a week ago, so it's about time for me to post the winners!!! (Thanks for the reminder Deneen.)

Let's start off with tool #1:
Mystery Tool(s) #1
I have no idea what this is. No one was able to give me a definitive answer (at least, no one made their answer sound definitive, and I couldn't find any examples on google even with your suggested search terms), so everyone who entered a reasonable guess was entered in the draw. The winner is *drumroll* Wendy! You win the Bernat Cotton.

Of the humourous answers, I liked Valerie's the best (ethnic ear piercing), so you win the blue yarn on the top right. It's three yarns wound together by ThreeOliveMartini. (Trek and Marsha, you both were runners-up with drumsticks and dust-collectors. ;) )

However, the nose-pickers annoyed me enough that I decided to have a runner-up contest for the skein of Disco. Heather, you're the "lucky" winner. (I'm so sorry.)

Now for tool #2:
Mystery Tool #2
This one actually came with instructions... I never would have had a clue otherwise. Given your guesses, you guys didn't have a clue either, so I'll end the suspense: it's for making those little bits of same-length wool pieces for rug hooking. You wind the yarn around the tool, pick a groove, then cut along it. All the cut pieces end up the same length (assuming you kept the same tension, I guess). Fascinating! And here I thought you had to buy those kits with little packages of pre-cut yarn! (And milk comes from the grocery store...)

Anyway, since no one was even close, I had a draw for this winner too. *drumroll* Deneen! You're the lucky winner of the Filatura Di Crosa 501 DK merino! (Although I have no idea how you'd use the tool thingy as a bead roller.)

Of the humourous answers, I really like Trek's picnic table base story. I can just imagine all the gnomes sitting around the long table! :) You win the lovely KnitPicks laceweight!

Winners: Could you please send me your addresses? I know I have addresses for some of you, but I'm lazy and can't remember where I've left some of them. ;) (I'll try to send you all and e-mail too.)

7 comments:

Deneen said...

I do think the top ones are clay/pottery tools. The plastic ones can be used for Fimo-I have a set.

The bead roller thing-well see you would roll the ball of clay and then put it under one of the grooves and then move that thingy around. They sell them, but they have plastic box around them also.

Lucy said...

Can I be a runner up if no one sends you their addresses???? Congrats to all the winners....even if it wasn't a nose picker!

noricum said...

You can have the Disco if Heather doesn't want it. ;)

Valerie said...

Yay! I hope you enjoy piercing things with your new ethnic piercers ;)

And that pretty mixed blue yarn is the one I would have picked if I could have, so double Yay!

Anonymous said...

This was one of the funniest blog contests. Yay!

Anonymous said...

Yeah - Deneen's right - those are tools for clay/ceramics. Just FYI. :)

noricum said...

Thanks Deneen/Bron!