Monday, June 26, 2006

Oops...

Houston, I think we have a problem. Here's my new bookshelf (left), with one of two old ones (right) beside it:

See that lack of empty space? I still have more paperbacks to unpack! (I know this for sure, since there's only one David Eddings book on the shelf, and I have several series by him. Plus there's still several boxes labelled other stuff plus paperbacks.)

Now, if all I had left to unpack were paperbacks, this wouldn't be a problem. However, I have all my texts, my course notes, crafting books, reference books, ... the list goes on. *sigh* I knew I wasn't going to have room for my course notes, but now it looks like I won't have room for my texts either, and fitting all my miscellaneous books may be challenging too.

I should be able to make a bit of space on the other existing bookshelf, but it's definitely not looking good.

In other news, I accidentally turned the lights on in my car when I went grocery shopping, and drained the battery. Mom called CAA, but by the time they arrived, I was able to start it myself. (My mom tried to start it earlier, so I don't know if it's something she did wrong, or if the battery simply had a bit of time to recover after the lights were turned off.) I'm glad my mom discovered that tonight, instead of tomorrow morning when I attempted to go to the dentist. :P

In good news, I emptied five boxes tonight. ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you could weed through the books and give some away? I don't know. Good Luck with your book problem. I just received about 20 books from Freecycle. :)

sara said...

Do you have an extra linen closet? I was forced to do some rearranging in mine when I ran out of "public" book shelf space.

noricum said...

Heh, heh, heh... "extra" linen closet? What is this "extra" linen closet that you speak of?

I think the house was built back in the 40's or 50's... half of our "real" closets are actually crawl spaces, and every one is in use and pretty much full.

I will be weeding out some of the books, but it's hard.