Friday, June 02, 2006

Non-Mobile Blogging

(12:30 pm) There are no yarn stores in Montezuma, Iowa. There is,
however, a Brownells, which my dad wanted to stop at. There does
happen to be a Supervalue Foods across from Brownells, so I picked up a
few things:
• Cheerios (I had run out),
• toothpaste (I had a spare toothbrush that was accessible, but I
didn't like the toothpaste that was accessible... some nasty Arm &
Hammer Liquid Calcium stuff that I thought I'd give a try once),
• two bottles of orange juice (one for now, one for later)
• two bananas (ditto)
• some beef jerky (a pricey but tasty travelling meal), and
• some licorice (snack food that I'm able to eat, as opposed to what
dad stocked up with).

I did not get more Prosobee (my milk substitute)... they only had the
powdered stuff, which tastes gross.

(12:40) I'm still in the truck, dad's still in Brownells.

Supervalue Foosd is not a super value... they're even pricier than
Harris Teeter in Chapel Hill! (Not by a lot, but still.) Although two
items were on sale for cheaper than in Chapel Hill. I considered
waiting until a more urban (and thus hopefully cheaper) grocery store,
but I wasn't sure when dad would stop at a grocery store again, and dry
Cheerios is better than no Cheerios.

(12:44) I'm still in the truck, dad's still in Brownells.

My power supply doesn't appear to be giving me any more power. I
suspect that it's not plugged into the one that stays on when the truck
is off. I had hoped to charge it a bit while it was okay to put dad's
computer to sleep. My battery indicator says I have 49 minutes left.
I'll play with the plugs if dad isn't out of Brownells by then.

Tasty orange juice. (Yes, I'm rambling again.) The orange juice was
in fact ten cents cheaper than at the truck stop.

(12:48) I'm still in the truck, dad's coming back from Brownells.
That wasn't too bad. :)

No comments: