Thursday, June 22, 2006

Memories



I managed to do some more unpacking/repacking tonight. In the process, I unearthed a few memories stored here that I felt like sharing.

On the left is one of the first scarves I knit when I was a kid. It's acrylic, but I loved it. And yes, I was quirky back then too.

In the middle is a t-shirt from fencing camp, where I got everyone (or, at least, as many as I could) to sign in permanent marker. (Note: all those "stoner" references are due to a soapstone carving I did.) I wore the t-shirt tons, but then stopped when the ink started fading. At least one of the people on there is now "famous." (She went to the olympics, and is the author of a book.) Kinda nifty. ;)

On the right is a pair of socks from the 1991 Canada Winter Games. I was in the women's foil team. (Fencing.)

I'm not sure if I'll keep the socks (I still have the real uniform), but I'm pretty sure I'll keep the t-shirt and scarf. I am a pack rat. I try to improve, but there's some things I'm still not ready to let go of.

4 comments:

sheep#100 said...

You SO have to keep the socks!

Anonymous said...

I'm a pack rat, but I'd keep all of it. There's a difference between pack-ratting to pack rat (what I do) and keeping things that have real memories (I do that, too).

Lisa said...

Hi - I just have to come out of lurkdom to comment.... I fenced at Carleton U in Ottawa for 3 years and actually fenced Sherraine in some tournaments (she would fence foil to get as much practice in as possible) - I was a total newbie, clueless. I remember one call in my favour, the judge said it was my parry riposte and Sherraine protested that I didn't parry, I flinched. Lol Too funny, she was probably right.

noricum said...

Glad to meet you burrito! I never really got the hang of the whole "right of way" thing, so switched to epee after a few years. ;)