Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Contest Post

I'm *dead* tired, but if I don't post today, I can't enter Sara's contest.

I'm a big fan of Christmas ornaments, and I don't think I can pick just one. I have a lot! (And that's not even all of them... I haven't been keeping the page updated.)

Instead, I'll tell you how I choose Christmas ornaments.

You may notice I have a lot of glass ornaments. The most precious ornaments on my mom's tree are the glass ornaments she inherited, I think from *her* grandmother. These were always hung right at the top, where they'd be safer. I'm fond of glass ornaments because they remind me of decorating the tree with my mom, and also of family history and heirlooms. However, a tree with only glass ornaments would be a bit boring.

I tend to pick ornaments based on their individuality. I especially like if they have a story (either made up, or a personal history).

Gah... falling asleep as I type. I'll add more in the morning, maybe.

No comments: