Friday, June 09, 2006

Blogging While Thinking

I can't think of what to have for dinner, so while I think, here's what was in those grab bags.

Yarn

Pink pack: an unlabelled cotton that the store person told me what it was, but now I can't remember, Rowan Cashcotton, Sweaterkits Cotton Licious (100% cotton, made in Canada), SandnesGarn Funny Lux-Pelsgarn (100% polyester fun-fur-like yarn).

Purple pack: all South West Trading Company yarn, 2 balls Optimum (100% OPTIM wool), Phoenix (100% Soy Silk), Beyond (100% cotton).

Blue pack: 2 balls South West Trading Company Bamboo, Lang Colombo (53% silk, 47% cotton), Cannes (50% acrylic, 50% cotton).

Yellow pack: Rowan Cotton Rope, Rowan Calmer, Gefrida Fiocco Oro (65% cotton, 27% nylon, 8% polyester), Lang Marina (35% cotton, 35% nylon, 30% acrylic ribbon yarn).

Well, now you know what I have, but I still have no idea what to eat for dinner. I've had some coleslaw and cheese, but that's not really a dinner. I'm trying to decide if I should cook some plain pasta (I like it, but not exactly well balanced), do something involving more effort, or merely fall back on a bowl of Cheerios. I'm afraid it's looking like the third option at this point.

I'll try to do better after I go grocery shopping.

Oh... other fun thing about the yarn grab bags: There's a contest I can enter if I make something from just the contents of a single grab bag. There are two categories: 1. Interesting and Useful, and 2. Fun and Funky. (To enter both categories I have to use two different grab bags.)

The prize is a $50 gift certificate to Ram Wools!

I have until June 15 to enter, and July 31 to finish the projects. Hmmm. I'd rather have something done before entering, but June 15 isn't that far away! (If I enter without having something finished, I'm more than likely to not do anything after all.)

Hmmm... what to cook, and what to craft?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I look forward to seeing you create using the yarn in the grab bags.