Monday, March 13, 2006

Sunday

So, last night when I got around to posting, it was pretty late and I didn't feel like writing about Sunday. But Sunday was kind of interesting, so here it is:

(I typed the above, and then "wandered off" for several hours. Maybe this post doesn't want to be written.)

Okay... highlights of yesterday:

B and S came over. B arrived first, and suggested we sit outside. Since I don't seem to be reacting horribly to the pollen currently floating around out there, I agreed. We grabbed some towels and plopped down in the sun.

My neighbour's kid (the one that bounces off the walls) came over to play with us. His mom was worried that he was bothering us, but we didn't mind. B knit, and I knit. I got out my frisbee and played "fetch" with the kid, knitting between throws.

My neighbour told me how she's always telling the kid to be quiet, but how he isn't. She told me about the day he was making noise, and then I banged on the wall and startled the sh*t out of the kid. (I think that was the day I had a migraine.) I felt a little guilty that I enjoyed that I had startled him. ;)

S arrived, and the kid was fascinated by her big box of beads. Kid's mom worried again. We said not to worry, and that we'd say something if he were bothering us. She is pregnant again (not terribly compatible with sitting on the ground), so we sent her inside, and told her we'd return the kid when we were tired of him. My (secret) goal was to tire him out so he wouldn't be bouncing off the walls. (I was successful!)

Every once in a while the kid would go inside to get more toys. He still enjoyed playing fetch.

The kid's mom brought out strawberries for us all.

At some point some of his friends (plus their family) joined us. The older boy liked to hoard, but not do anything, with his duplo, and the younger girl would cry when all of her blocks were assembled, but the older boy wouldn't let her have his. Neither of them were interested in playing fetch. That's fine... they don't bounce off my walls.

B and I continued to knit, and S worked on beading.

B started fulling her cat toy mice: she put them in a nalgene bottle with some rounded rocks, hot water and baking soda, and started shaking. I shook a couple of times, then my neigbour's kid took over. Every time we asked if it was our turn, he started shaking again. We explained felting to the kid and his friend's parents. B and I chuckled over the "child labour."

Shortly after five we wrapped up so I could go grocery shopping. It was a fun afternoon. Perhaps not what we had intended, but still fun.

No comments: