Saturday, March 11, 2006

Oops...

I *was* going to be good and do my grocery shopping today. I was going to go at 4, when the NPR program I was listening to was over. Then I noticed it was unusually dark. There are some big nasty clouds out there, that would probably rain on me just as I was done grocery shopping.

I guess I'll do that chore tomorrow.

The filet crochet insanity continues, but is becoming less of a novelty. I was feeling kind of down last night (I both wanted and didn't want to do a whole bunch of things), so I did a few rows on my stag, then switched to socks, and then began a period of startitis.

Last night I started a snake scarf to use up the rest of the noro silk garden (aside: I can hear thunder now). I did about six rows, but was very definitely getting seed stitch (or whatever it's called) instead of 1x1 ribbing. So I ripped, and started again, but modified the instructions so they worked for me. I *think* there's a bug in the instructions, but it could just be my interpretation. I did around 10 rows before setting it down.

Today I knit-swatched some of my leftover lopi to felt.

And I started another afghan square... this time I'm knitting a sage green square, and making my very first cable! I figured I'd "swatch" a bunch of cables to learn the technique while producing some of the remaining squares I need for my afghan.

I walked over to the front office, and they actually had some movies I was interested in seeing. I was hoping for at least one that would entertain me on my exercise bike, but I found four. We're only allowed to borrow two at a time, so I borrowed "Proof" and "The Wedding Date" (chick flick). Yes, I admit that I enjoy good, brainless, humourous-romance chick flicks. The other two were "Kingdom of Heaven" (mild curiousity on this movie's point of view, plus eye candy), and "The Fantastic Four" (other comic-book-based movies have been entertaining).

Well, since I'm not going grocery shopping now (I have no particular desire to get wet... especially since, if I get on my exercise bike, I'll already be having a second shower today), I think I'll go swatch cables to one of the movies. I'll ride my bike to the second one after dinner.

No comments: