Sunday, March 12, 2006

One Problem Solved

So, I'm about to go to bed, and I take the chance and look for my milk substitute on Amazon. They have it! It's a little more than the "regular price" here was at one point (they marked it up just before they marked it down to clear it out), but it qualified for free shipping for "today" only. Aparently, normally it requires a shipping charge. I found this out at 11:45 pm, EST. I wasn't sure when "today" ended. Or even if they'd still have the free shipping tomorrow. (Who knows... you never know which offers they'll extend or repeat.) Shipping would have added another $20.

I'm not good with pressured financial decisions.

Could I get it locally? How much hassle would it be to do so? How would the price compare?

If they still sold it in Winnipeg (do they?), it's a lot cheaper there, and would probably end up cheaper even with whatever they charge for shipping. Unless they smacked on duties too. Assuming it's something they'd actually allow across the border. And assuming my mom could still get it in Winnipeg.

The pressure!

I decided to take the plunge. Heck, it's worth the money if this means I don't have to worry about it until I go home. I ordered two cases. (Twelve cans per case, four bowls of cereal worth per can.) And then, since I was being wild and crazy anyway, I signed up for the free trial of priority shipping. I should have my comfort food by Wednesday!

I *must* remember to cancel the priority shipping before the trial period ends, though... I don't want that $79 annual membership fee! (However, since it's good for three months, I figured I'd keep it until I go home, which is less than three months from now.)

The other reason I decided to order it all now is that it can spoil if left in the heat, so I wanted to get it before it got too hot out. I've received liquid easter bunnies... I don't want $100 worth of spoiled "milk."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay you. I would never have thought of looking on Amazon for something like that.

H

noricum said...

Amazon is a crazy place, and I love it. ;) It sells *everything* in the US. (As opposed to Canada, where it still focusses on books.)