Friday, March 10, 2006

Miscellany

I'm wearing Klaralund today, even though the forecast high is for 75F. The evenings have still been cool, so I like to have something with me. I'll be walking around outside this afternoon to drop off Albert and mail MN's socks. I may have to leave Klaralund behind for that.

One of the fun things about Klaralund is that the silk garden is, um, I'm not sure of the word. Basically some of the silk fiber is floating free, making a bit of a jewel coloured halo for me. It isn't very noticeable (except up close, edge-on), but I can see it on me, and I think it's fun.

Thanks for all the compliments on Albert!

I suppose I should finish that painting of my dad and his dog now too... it's been in my closet for over a year now. All it needs is his dog's head, and my dad's torso and head. (Hmmm... digging around old posts... found it!) Here's that painting's current state:

Needs some work, doesn't it? ;) The legs really look like my dad, though.

I had a dream the other night that my dad found my blog.

Last night a weather system moved through, and I was achey all night. :P

Hmmm... this post is becoming "stream of consciousness." Oh well.

I'm tired again today. Lunch with K and running errands will keep me awake, though.

Today is also the day I find out if I get to go to the conference in Tempe, Arizona. I have mixed feelings about the conference. I'm interested in what's being presented, especially since it's related to my dissertation topic, and am also interested in meeting up with my fellow researchers. I'm also really interested in the conference field trip to see some of the local scenery. Yeah, not relevant to my degree, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't. However, the downside is that all the people there will be asking how I'm progressing on my topic. Without major progress, that's a really depressing topic. They know how long I've been working on the same thing, and have already seen what I've accomplished in the past. They will wonder why I'm not further along, or even finished by now. I don't want my peers to think I'm a slacker, or not a good researcher. :(

Well, either way, I *should* find out sometime today.

No comments: