Saturday, March 18, 2006

Snake Scarf

Snake Scarf
Snake Scarf

Hmmm... I seem to have gotten all the navy blue in one spot. Oh well... it was fun! And I used up all of the yarn. :)

I didn't use the recommended finish... I didn't have enough yarn left after the last full trumpet, I was too lazy to load the pattern page, and I wasn't super fond of the recommended finish anyway. Instead I did a two-row garterstitch bind off. (Knit one row straight, then knit 2, pass first over second.) I'm happy. :)

However, I can think of at least four people I'd love to give this scarf to (besides keeping it for myself). I can give it to at most one, unless someone knows a magic scarf-copy-machine. ;)

I had a highly annoying fit of itchy nose for the last trumpet. I'm not sure what was up with that. I thought perhaps there might be some cat contamination or something, but then my scalp and some other patches of skin started itching too... I'll take an antihistamine before going to bed. I'll never fall asleep with this itching!

5 comments:

none said...

Love it!

Daph said...

That is gorgeous! Love the colorway with that pattern, it goes really well.

Thanks for the painting tip, BTW. That will really come in handy next time around, LOL.

noricum said...

Thanks!

Welcome. ;)

Sallie said...

The scarf came out really, really nice.

Itching, sneezing? Are you allergic to dogs? If yes, wash the scarf. I have two greyhounds who love to help me knit. There may be dog dander in the yarn I gave you.

noricum said...

Thanks!

I used to be allergic to dogs, but I'm pretty sure that allergy has gone away... I haven't been reacting to any that I encounter here. It was probably something else.

I do plan to wash the scarf anyway, just in case. ;)