Saturday, November 12, 2005

Ow.

I woke up with a headache today. I guess I shouldn't be too surprised, since I went to bed with one last night. It wasn't that bad, so I didn't take anything last night... I figured it would be gone by this morning. No such luck. I took two asprin with breakfast, but they haven't kicked in yet.

I finally found a site that lists the names and yarn requirements for those other two Noro sweaters I want to make... and OUCH!

First up is Williamsro:
williamsro
Yarn requirements: Bust 36 (40-45)" knit using 13 (14-15) skeins of Noro Cash Iroha (shown in #80), 5 (5-5) skeins of Noro Blossom (shown in #4) and US 12 needles and 1 cable needle.

That's around 20 balls of yarn for my size. Assuming I can find the yarn for $8-10 dollars per ball, that's around $160-200. Plus shipping. Plus needles. (I already have a cable needle, at least.) Ouch!

Next, Rocktorp:
rocktorp
Yarn requirements: Bust 37 (41-45)" knit using 8 (9-9) skeins of Noro Cash Iroha (shown in #22), 7 (8-9) skeins of Noro Shinano (shown in #13) and US 7 & 9 needles.

So 17 balls for this one... and a total of $136-170 plus shipping. Of course, I don't have these needle sizes either.

I wonder if one of my family members will get me the Boye needlemaster set... it's on my wishlist, and I have my fingers crossed! ;) It's the right price range for my dad, probably, but I rather doubt he'd buy me knitting supplies... he likes to go for stuff that he also finds interesting. (I do have a set of straights buried somewhere at home, but sweaters on straights aggravate my carpal tunnel.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Noro is such lovely stuff, but it is expensive. I love the colors that they have, but sometimes I don't like the way the yarn feels. I guess it depends on which Noro yarn you are looking at. I made a scarf out of Silk Garden last year, but never wear it, because it is very itchy. Have you thought about substituting some other similar but less costly yarn?

Sallie

Anonymous said...

Ooh, that second one is lovely. Maybe it's just the red color, but I really like that one.