Saturday, November 26, 2005

It's Getting Bigger

WIP Toque
WIP Toque

Oh, the suspense... will I have enough yarn? How short will I be? What colour will I use to finish it off? If nothing else, the suspense is finally adding some interest to this toque. (It sure is dead boring to knit. I blame the dpns.)

You can see some of the yarn's dirty spots in this photo.

I've started adding some decreases now. Pulling it on my head, it seems to actually approximate a toque so far... impressive, given I've never knit one before, and am not using a pattern. ;) I want it a little longer so that it'll cover my dad's ears. I wouldn't want him to get frostbite. (And belive me, he needs all the common sense I can gift him... I started doubting him when he drove his 4-wheeler on the ice too early in the season. He had jumped on the ice, and it seemed solid. However, he ended up going through the ice at one point anyway. His lips were blue by the time he made it back to civilization.)

No comments: