Thursday, November 24, 2005

Beautiful Poem, Beautiful Photos

not there
not there

I sometimes click on the random photos that flickr decides to show me. I'm really glad I clicked on jennwallace's photo... she has some really gorgeous photos, and this poem she found on a tombstone is beautiful too. It reads:

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep,
I am a thousand winds that blow;
I am the diamond glints on the snow,
I am the sunlight on ripened grain;
I am the gentle autumn's rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift up lifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight
I am the soft star that shines at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there, I did not die.
I'm going to have to google this, to find out who it's by.

...It appears to be by Mary Elizabeth Frye.

No comments: