Monday, November 14, 2005

Oops...

Um, I kind of forgot to turn my alarm(s) on last night. When I did wake up, I could hear the laundry going next door, which meant I had to wait for my shower... unless I wanted a cold water shower in a 62F house. Not me. And now that the laundry next door has stopped, I have a mainenance man playing with my toilet. (To see if he can get the tank to fill faster.) Granted, he *did* ask if it was a good time, but I kind of like having them here when I am, so I can keep an eye on them. Not that I don't trust them in my apartment, but that I don't have faith that they know how to do their jobs. (I have good reasons for this.)

So here I am, grimy and in my pjs and housecoat, reading (and writing) blog entries when I should be at school, or at least getting ready for it. Oops.

In knitting/crochet news, I (nearly) finished two secret projects this weekend, so, sadly, no photos yet. :( I still haven't finished the crayon baby blanket. I was going to work on that yesterday when S came over, but we went out shopping instead. And, um, I spent money... I now have nifty beads to make some Donna's nifty jute baskets. In my defense, I've been looking for nifty beads since the pattern came out, and the bead store had a sale on yesterday. Then we went to Michaels, and I bought a frame (on sale) for my birches watercolour, and, um, beads for another basket. *sigh* Yes, I was bad yesterday.

I've also made progress on picovoli. (Why? Is it because it's the thing that doesn't have the closest "deadline"?) And I also did two more repeats on my qiviut lace scarf. I've discovered that I can work on it quite well with the radio on... so it's now my radio knitting. ;) (Weekend NPR: Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me; Car Talk; Weekend America; The Splendid Table; I don't go out of my way to listen, but I do turn them on when I remember.)

9:48 and the maintenance guy is still here.

No comments: